The nutrition and health recommendations provided by BiochemNordic are very different from other health programs and challenges many dogmatic beliefs about nutrition, hormones and metabolism.
The knowledge provided by BiochemNordic is based on the research of Dr. Ray Peat.
The key notion of Dr. Ray Peat is that energy and structure are interdependent, and that the gap between the body's resources and the demands placed on it from the environment creates disease, thus harmful degenerative processes occurs instead of repair and healing when there is a lack of cellular energy.
The thyroid gland controls the body's metabolic rate and hypothyroidism (low thyroid function) leads to low cellular energy production. Because thyroid function is so central to the body's energy production, hypothyroidism can lead to many different symptoms as the tissues do not function optimally!
Here are some of the symptoms of hypothyroidism listed alphabetically:
- Blood sugar problems
- Candida overgrowth
- Cold hands and feet
- Digestion problems (including irritable bowel syndrome)
- Emotional instability and depression
- Fatigue (including chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Hair and skin problems (thinning of the hair and skin, acne, eczema etc.)
- High cholesterol
- Infertility (in both men and women)
- Menstrual problems ( including PMS and endometriosis)
- Muscle and joint pain (incl. fibromyalgia)
- Premature aging
- Susceptible to infections, inflammation, diabetes, and cancer
- Water retention
- Weight problems (gain or loss)
It is important not just to treat the symptoms individually, but instead focus on correcting the underlying energy deficiency. Many things can influence thyroid function including the daily diet, estrogen dominance, progesterone deficiency, stress hormones, level of light exposure etc.
BiochemNordic's member services work to correct the biochemical reasons for the lack of cellular energy production, the method is based on the research of Dr. Ray Peat.
Become a BiochemNordic member here!
Before using any of BiochemNordic's services please read the disclaimer here!