The nutrition and health recommendations provided by BiochemNordic are very different from other health programs and challenges many dogmatic beliefs about nutrition, hormones and metabolism.
The method is based on the research of Dr. Ray Peat who in more than 40 years has worked with the issue of optimizing cellular energy production based on a deep understanding of the physiology and biochemistry of the human body.
The key notion of Dr. Ray Peat is that energy and structure are interdependent, and that the gap between the body's resources and the demands placed on it from the environment creates disease, thus harmful degenerative processes occurs instead of repair and healing when there is a lack of cellular energy.
Lack of cellular energy is caused by low metabolism which is the same as low thyroid function and can lead to many different symptoms because the tissues do not function optimally - here are some of the symptoms listed alphabetically:
- Blood sugar problems
- Candida overgrowth
- Cold hands and feet
- Digestion problems (including irritable bowel syndrome)
- Emotional instability and depression
- Fatigue (including chronic fatigue syndrome)
- Hair and skin problems (thinning of the hair and skin, acne, eczema etc.)
- High cholesterol
- Infertility (in both men and women)
- Menstrual problems ( including PMS and endometriosis)
- Muscle and joint pain (incl. fibromyalgia)
- Premature aging
- Susceptible to infections, inflammation, diabetes, and cancer
- Water retention
- Weight problems (gain or loss)
It is important not just to treat the symptoms individually, but instead focus on correcting the underlying energy deficiency. Many things can influence metabolism/thyroid function including diet, estrogen dominance, progesterone deficiency, stress hormones, level of light exposure etc.