The liver has many important functions including conversion of the inactive thyroid hormone T4 to the active hormone T3. The liver also handles the detoxification of estrogen, and endotoxins from the intestine. For the liver to function optimally, it must have enough energy to process the hormones and endotoxins, and thus strongly determines your metabolic rate and hormonal balance.
The hypothyroid treatment program provides more information about the liver’s role in the metabolism, and how you can help your liver perform better, with the right food and vitamins.
Importantly the liver needs high-quality protein to function optimally. This protein guide teaches you how to get enough good quality proteins into your everyday diet.
Best proteins for a healthy thyroid function
The protein guide answers the following questions:
- How much protein is needed per day to support a healthy liver function?
- What types of protein is of high quality and which is low quality?
- What are sources of good quality protein that support liver function and metabolism at the same time?
- What are non-animal high-quality protein sources?
- What is the protein content in the recommended high-quality protein foods?