The liver also handles the detoxification of estrogen and endotoxins from the intestine. For the liver to function optimally, it must have enough energy to process the hormones and endotoxins. Thus the liver strongly determines your metabolic rate and hormonal balance.
The hypothyroid treatment program provides more information about the liver’s role in the metabolism, and how you can help your liver perform better, with the right food and vitamins.
This protein guide answers the following questions:
- How much protein is needed per day to support a healthy liver function?
- What types of protein is of high quality and which is low quality?
- What are sources of good quality protein that support liver function and metabolism at the same time?
- What are non-animal high-quality protein sources?
- What is the protein content in the recommended high-quality protein foods?